3. Eat pizza at the famous Pizzeria Bianco
4. Learn about Indians at the Heard Museum
5. Lowell Observatory in Flagstaff
6. Saguaro National Park near Tucson
7. See birds, animals, and plants of the southwest at Boyce Thompson Arboretum
8. Take a 4-5 hr drive from Phoenix on the Apache Trail
9. Arizona Science Center
10. Visit The Phoenix Zoo
11. Check out the great art at the Phoenix Art Museum
12. Be a cowboy and experience the wild west at the Rawhide Wild West Town
13. Learn about desert plants at the Desert Botanical Garden
14. Hike Camelback Mountain in Paradise Valley
15. Visit Tombstone & Bisbee where all the wild west tales really happened and life is a little bit slower
16. Lake Powell (the second largest man made lake in America)
17. Go sailing on Lake Pleasant (closer to Phoenix)
18. Lake Havasu (see London Bridge up close)
19. See the San Xavier del Bac Mission near Tucson (a mission founded in 1692)
20. Montezuma Castle (a day trip from the valley)
21. Havasu Falls (at the bottom of the Grand Canyon but worth the hike) or other waterfalls
22. Pretend you are John Ford filming in Monument Valley (near four corners)
23. Petrified Forest National Park
24. Picacho Peak (on the way to Tucson you will pass it on the freeway)
25. Hike in the Chiricahua Mountains (The 10,000 foot mountains are in the southeastern corner of Arizona)
26. Kartchner Caverns State Park is 2 1/2 miles of amazing underground caves (near Benson, AZ)
27. Visit Jerome (old copper town)
28. Taste espresso at great coffee shops
29. Ski Arizona Snowbowl or Sunrise Ski Park
30. Eat some great food around Phoenix
31. Cool down at Slide Rock in Sedona (2 hrs north of Phoenix)
32. Hike Squaw Peak (aka Piestewa Peak) in the Phoenix Mountains Preserve
33. Ski at Snowbowl (in Flagstaff) or at Sunrise Park Resort (about 4 hrs from Phoenix)
34. See one of the best preserved meteorite craters on earth (35 miles east of Flagstaff)
35. Go on a balloon ride
36. Skydive over Arizona
37. Tour Frank Lloyd Wright’s home in Scottsdale, Taliesin West
38. Take a hike in Arizona! There are tons of resources online for hikers
39. Go to the Grand Canyon Skywalk (if you dare!)
40. Visit one of hundreds of Arizona Heritage Sites.
41. Visit Scottsdale. The “Best Run City In The World.”
42. See amazing artwork and get shop till you drop in Old Town Scottsdale.
43. Eat ice cream at The Sugar Bowl, Scottsdale’s oldest ice cream shops (since 1958!)
44. Check out the world’s first global Musical Instrument Museum.
45. Visit Sunset Crater Volcano National Monument.
46. Explore the past at Walnut Canyon National Monument.
47. Take a relaxing trip to Greer Arizona.
48. See animals from all over the world at the Out of Africa Wildlife Park.
49. Take in the beautiful and amazing colors and shapes of Antelope Canyon.
50. Seee the beauty of Canyon de Chelly.
51. Do some climbing, hiking, or bouldering on Mt Lemon in Tucson.
51. Stop off at the experimental town of Arcosanti.
52. The Arizona Sea Life Aquarium has 26,000 square feet of indoor aquarium.
53. The Children’s Museum of Phoenix is one of the best in the country.
54. Take a Jeep tour!
55. Go horseback riding near Saguaro Lake (October though April).
56. Step back into the wild west at Old Tucson Studios
57. Tour Payson Rim Country
58. Taste some great ice cream in Scottsdale
59. Visit Sea Life Aquarium in Tempe